The Martingale strategy is mostly for roulette. but it also works very well with games like Sic Bo and Baccarat!
This classic strategy has been used by casino players all around the world for centuries. The Martingale Strategy is simply, it goes as follows:
- Each time a player loses a bet, they double their next bet until they go back to their starting amount
- For example, if you start betting one and then lost, you will then wager two on the next round. This would go on until you win, at which point you go back to betting one.
The Martingale strategy can be used on any casino game, however, it offers the best results with games that have a 50/50 chance, such as roulette.
While it seems great, there are a few problems with this strategy. Firstly, it can get very expensive in a short amount of time. If you consistently start to lose then your bet only gets higher and higher. Furthermore, you’ll eventually reach the maximum bet which would prevent you from using the system as it is designed.
That is why it is a great idea to use this strategy in teams! If you get your money together, the larger your pool and ability to successfully use the strategy to win. You can also easily try this strategy on live dealer tables or virtual casino tables.
A Variation of the Martingale System
Please note that the strategy below is most successful when playing either French or European Roulette and not American Roulette. This is because in American Roulette the house edge is 5.26% whereas the house edge in French or European Roulette is 2.7%. Therefore, there is a better chance of winning against the house in French or European roulette games.
The strategy is simply. It involves starting by placing a single bet on red. If you win, you place your bet on black and so on and so forth – each time you win, you change the color. Each time you lose you double the bet on the winning color. If you lose that bet you stay on the same color and double your bet until you do win.
- You place a $1 bet on red
- You win $1 on red, place a $1 bet on black
- You lose $1 on black, you bet $2 on red
- You lose again, you bet $4 on red
- You lose again, you bet $8 on red
- You win, you change the color and start again by placing $1 on black
In order to perfect this strategy, it helps to have lots of practice. Conveniently, the majority of online casinos allow members to play in demo mode without any real money being used. After some practice, you can play in real mode, play with friends and start winning some serious money!